“Marita is a real-world Captain Marvel. Her tagline should be Better, Faster, Further. My work improved by leaps and bounds working with her.”
~ Kaia Alderson author of the novel Soldier Girls
After many hours of dedication and discipline you have completed a draft of your book. Now you need a thorough and in-depth reading and critique from someone with experience in working with writers to discover the real heart and soul of their stories. I will provide a close reading and detailed evaluation of the most important aspects of your writing project.
- The quality of writing
- Thematic consistency throughout the manuscript
- The overall structure and design of the narrative
- Areas of strength and portions of the draft that require re-working or more development
- The presence of absence of a solid “take-away” for the reader
- Development of the characters and or ideas that propel the story
- The evaluation is customized to meet the specific and different requirements of fiction and nonfiction projects
Email info@ maritagolden for fees and more information
As part of the evaluation I also provide specific writing exercises/prompts to address weaknesses in the draft.
Marita Golden has taught, mentored, coached, worked as co-editor or development consultant with many prominent award-winning writers including political analyst Donna Brazile, (Cooking With Grease Stirring the Pots in America) novelists Nicole Dennis-Benn, (Here Comes the Sun and Patsy) Tope Folarin, (A Particular Kind of Black Man) Tracy McGhee, (Melting the Blues) Sadeqa Johnson, (Second House From the Corner), short story writer Camille Acker, (Training School for Negro Girls) and memoirists Karen Gray Houston, author of Daughter of the Boycott Carrying on a Montgomery Family’s Civil Rights Legacy and Nita Wiggins author of Civil Rights Baby, My Story of Race, Sports, and Breaking Barriers in American Journalism.